Monday, February 18, 2013

Feb 18 - Knievel Cowboys

Friday, February 18, 1972 - Page 49
LOCATION: Newport Beach & Fountain Valley, California

11:22 PM
Got to sleep this morning at 6:00 or 6:30, woke up at 4:30 or 5:00. Wrote a bit more in Moira-Quest -- I said I'd get this thing done before next week and I'm going to, DAMMIT!! (every now and then i like to include an emotion-packed statement just to keep the pace up). At 5:30 Mom & I left for a movie, but first we stopped at "The Golden Chicken" where I went out to buy dinner. We saw "Evel Knievel" and "The Cowboys." Got out at a quarter to eleven, went to the liquor store at Eyesore Park [actually Bayshore Park, a mobile home court in Newport Beach] where I tried to buy some Electric Grind Folger's Coffee, but they were all out so we went to the 7-11 store where I went out and bought the coffee, then we drove home.
Tacosumi's [my Siamese cat] eye isn't any better -- in the past two days her right eye lid has swollen up so she can't even open it. She looks like a prize fighter. For the time being I'm calling her "Dead eye." Well, today's Chinese New Year. Yes, folks, it's the Year of the Rat. Terrific, huh. Gonna be a great year.

(3:15 AM -- 2/19/1972)
Just finished typing page three, and I'll pro'ly knock off four and five tonight. I hope the damn thing sells, but if it doesn't, so what? I've got three or four more stories marinating and I'll be trying them all in the next few months. One of them must sell. Wouldn't be nice if they all did? Fat chance!

No comments: