Friday, June 14, 2013

Jun 14 - Job Day 7 - Reviewing past 100 days**

Wednesday, June 14, 1972 - Page 166
LOCATION: Oxnard (& Newport Beach), California

(7:30 PM 6/18/1972)
[TIME-BUMP Note in left-side margin] The year is one hundred sixty six days old -- I wrote this one hundred days ago. What is in my brain now (June 14) that wasn't there a hundred days ago? Have I learned anything? Do I have reason to be cynical or optimistic about the future?

In regard to the note at the left: Nothing new "is in" my brain, though the electrochemical impulses motivating thought and actions traveling therein are arranged in a slightly different pattern now, than before, 100 days ago, before dad moved out, before I explored Back Bay thoroughly, before I taught Mike to kayak, rearranged my room, Chunk lost one job and acquired another which I worked at for two weeks, getting about 130 dollars, kayaked in white water at Kernville, sailed to Catalina, and lost my glasses while breaking a dinghy with Murray; saw Jesus Christ Superstar, Dandelion Wine, Ray Bradbury, read several Bradbury books, Slaughterhouse Five, Cat's Cradle, The Sirens of Titan, Childhood's End, and The Other among Others; wrote two new stories, acquired a multitude of rejection slips, put in the Grady Photo Album in the back, included several examples of my artwork of prurient content, got photos into this book from my new Polaroid, got photos from Tom Hildebrand; Nixon went to Russia, Apollo XVI barely landed on the moon, Wallace was shot, Jedgar Hoover died, Muskie dropped out, McGovern won, and Nixon imposed his blockade on VietNam, none of that in that order. ---

I haven't learned a whole lot, but I know more now than I did 100 days ago. The future appears optimistic at the moment, but I'm attempting to remain cautiously cynical anyway. It appears as though I've filled up this entire page. I'll be visiting the Past again on page 266 [Sept 22], a hundred days from now -- see you there.

No comments: