Saturday, August 10, 2013

Aug 10 - Friendly ladies

Thursday, August 10, 1972 - Page 223
LOCATION: Chicago

(3:30 PM 8/11/1972)
Mrs. dropped me off at the Field Museum (she was going to school that day) and I got through the Indian section, so I finished everything in the entire first floor. Rah. I stayed from 12:30 to 6:00, when they closed, and I went outside and shot my whole roll of film [See October 7 for more Chicago photos]. Got on the bus at 6:30, got back at ten to 8 -- after I got off the bus, Sue & Vicki, who had gone to the drugstore to buy something, appeared, running to catch up with me and acting more delirious than usual. Ken got home about the same time we did. Larry followed soon thereafter (he lives less than a block away).

The slides got developed, so we saw the rest of the pictures from their Colorado/S.D. [South Dakota] trip. Then we went to a drugstore where a girl should have been -- instead Bill Muhr, the moustachioed pharmacist was there (he's a good friend of Ken's, and dated Peggy once). Ken got talking about 'cycles, and when the drugstore closed at nine, we drove to Bill's house to see the garage, where there were 3 bikes, one of them Bill's 500 Triumph. The other two were 650s. 2 guys (Hank & Jack), and a girl were there too, looking at the bikes. They left, and Bill gave Ken a motorcycle catalogue, and we left.

Then Ken, me, Larry and his cadillac drove to Jean's house, and Jean, me & Nancy (in the backseat) and Lar & Ken drove to McDonald's to eat. There I had my second cigaret this year, and bites out of J & N's hamburgers -- Jean saved my McDonald's cup, Nancy stole a hat belonging to Larry that was in the back seat, and I drew a picture of a McDonald's cup held in Nancy's hand to prove I was an artist.

Nancy wrote down her address & Jean's so I can write to them as soon as I get back to my cave. We drove back home, Nancy put the hat in her house before Larry could get it, and I kissed Jean goodnight (haven't kissed a girl since November -- it's about time!) and we left. That's about all.
She got the date wrong here.
It was August 10, not July.
TOMORROW: The flu continues to bother us

No comments: