Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Feb 05 - Writing sci-fi stories**

Saturday, February 5, 1972 - Page 36

LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

(4:58 AM 2/6/72)

It rained last night. I woke up at 3:30 P.M. and nobody was home -- Dad was at work and Mom had gone shopping. But before she left, she did a thorough cleaning job of the living room -- it's beauteous. I called Terry Sneathen, so I'll be able to get my magazines and stuff from her -- maybe I'll go to her house Monday.

Finished organizing the Sunday Comics -- all I've got left now is the dailys -- a monumental task that may take a week. It rained some more tonight. Larry came over in the evening for a few hours. I did some entomological research for "Enter-Stellar" (I'll probably change that title), and I'm getting excited about the story -- it's going terrifically, and I'm sure it'll sell. Maybe in a couple of months I'll have a thousand dollar check in my hot little hands. I think my next story will be the one about the temporal explorers who get transformed by the Cretaceous magnetic field. It's 5:05 A.M., so I'd better get some sleep. G'night.

[Grady2013: "Enter-Stellar" would become "Out of Space - Out of Time" which was published in Star*Reach magazine. A new improved online presentation of my 16-page illustrated "Gothic Space Opera Fairy Tale" can be found here: The Star Boundary. My story about "the temporal explorers" became the Star*Reach series, "Tempus Fugit." The instantly downloadable PDF version of this ambitious graphic novel is available here: Tempus Fugitives.]

Tempus Fugitives Graphic Novel

No comments: