Thursday, February 14, 2013

Feb 14 - Valentine's Day: BIG DEAL!

Monday, February 14, 1972 - Page 45
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

10:30 PM
Valentine's Day  BIG DEAL!
Got up at noon. Did some work on filing photos & articles -- got the mail (New Analog with new Niven story - "It seems to me that Anarchy would be a very unstable form of government") saw Ronnie but avoided him. Tacosumi [our cat] is working on contributing to the local cat population -- a black admirer awaits her pleasure outside. Mom came home with a heart full of chocolates for me, which I ate before she could have any -- thoughtless bastard that I am. She gave me a card, too:

With Love, Son
A Valentine with just one thought... And that's of all the joy you've brought.
Don't get sick -- You have made me very happy, very many times -- like it or not
Mother With all my love.

A likely story. She put the date on it so I guess that means I'm sposed to keep it. The only person who remembered her (LARA & MIKE SENT HER A CARD A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO. CONSCIENTIOUS AS ALWAYS.) was Chuck -- he came by around seven, looking for a kayak paddle and gave her a Val card signed CHUCK CHARLES. Clever fellow.

I made "dinner" -- a pound of hamburger and corn. Took a bath at nine. I thought I might pretend to type my "manuscript" of Moira-Quest, so I dug up the "HOW TO WRITE FOR MONEY" package that mom got about a year ago to see the right way to type a manuscript. It's a good little course. I'm going to read it -- maybe it'll revive some interest in my dumb story.

No comments: