Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Feb 27 - Driest SoCal Winter in 60 years

Sunday, February 27, 1972 - Page 58
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

9:00 PM
The Pioneer X was supposed to go up today but it was scrubbed due to bad weather. Speaking of weather, it was foggy again this morning -- and I heard that this winter has been the driest in sixty years for Southern Cal. It hasn't rained at all in January, and there wasn't even half an inch in Feb. I continued to read. Read a story in Amazing, and got to page 127 in "Orn" -- I'm halfway through the book, right where the serial in Amazing began. So actually I've read the whole book -- the second half in Amazing I read in Sept. 1970, but I'm going to reread it.

I woke up at 8:00. Larry is here now -- he arrived at about 8:30 P.M. He and dad are now discussing aerodynamics -- they usually argue about philosophies. It better not be foggy the day after tomorrow. Enough of fragmented. Unrelated sentences. For now. I suppose I'll just. Close this entry. Th'end.

No comments: