Monday, February 25, 2013

Feb 25 - "Moira-Quest" FINISHED

Friday, February 25, 1972 - Page 56
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

11:20 PM
Woke up at 6:30 -- got about twelve hours sleep, strangely enough. Finished typing Moira-Quest, with three duplicates of every page, plus the original. Cut out all the errors on every copy, and it's ready to send out. I may get around to it one of these days. I'm obsolete already -- today they launched a ship that's going to go to Jupiter, then out of the solar system. Pioneer 10. (CORRECTION: 5:55 P.M. Sunday, Feb 27) [This is a puzzling statement since the Pioneer X mission actually launched on March 2, 1972, after several delays]. It'll take a few years to do it, though.

A National Geographic came with a Jay Matternes poster on the back of a map. I put it at the head of my bed. Chunk came over at 4:27 P.M., and he & me went paddling till around five thirty -- he was in the blue down river boat and he went around Lido Isle twice -- I was in the leaky red slalom boat (Patch) and I went halfway around, then returned, and he still almost beat me. Mom & I went to see Pocket Money & Something Big -- got back at 11:00. It is now 11:30.

No comments: