Friday, February 8, 2013

Feb 08 - "There's a hole in the future..."

Tuesday, February 8, 1972 - Page 39
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

7:30 PM
Last night, or rather this morning, I got to sleep at 6:00, and woke up at about 2:30. I did absolutely nothing today except read -- I just finished Tunnel in the Sky, all 253 pages of it. I'll spend the rest of the night organizing my unread library of paperback science fiction books and figure out what to read next -- I've also got to start listing short stories worth analyzing, so I'll be going through my finished anthologies. Though I'm usually in the Grand Shoebox [nickname for the mobile home we resided in] I've got plenty to keep me busy. I've temporarily given up trying to organize the daily comic strips -- it would take weeks, and I should spend my time reading and writing.

"There's a hole in the future, and it'll already be filled when I get there," as the little-known song goes [by Richie Havens]. Which reminds me, I've got to get to Matt's some time to record all his good music on my cassettes. With inspirational melodies backing me, Enter-Stellar will come out more smoothly written, me thinks.

No comments: