Friday, February 1, 2013

Feb 01 - Revisiting Harbor High

Tuesday, February 1, 1972 - Page 32
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California
  
8:00 AM
Got up at 7:15 and drove mom to work so I'd have the car in the daytime. 

(11:26 AM 2/2/72)
Took a bath, worked on closet evacuation project, then, at about 11:00, I drove to Sea Schwinn. Jerry & Dale weren't there, but Dave was -- he rebuilt my Campi, painted it blue and is waiting for a buyer. Shawna had come by a few days earlier so he knew I was back. From there I went to Harbor High, parking at the Church across the street, and I wandered into the library. 

Loren Dake
The Galleon 1972
The first person I saw was Loren Dake (alias L.S.D. -- Loren Sherman Dake -- Actually, his middle name isn't Sherman, but he likes the initials). My oldest psuedo-friend, way back from my first year at Kaiser. Talked with him for a while, then he left and I went upstairs to talk with Paula -- ex-Semantics student. We left after a few minutes, and I went back into the library to wait for lunch, which came in ten minutes.


At lunch I socialized with Fish, Shawna, Harvey, Bob, ('Meg'), Peter Shergalis, and Timothy. Bob declared himself to be emperor and overthrew himself. Shepard said he may be able to get me a metal case for my glasses so I gave him my combination so he could put it in my locker.

After lunch I drove to Oakwood apartments and dropped off Matt's clothes -- nobody was home, but I left them inside. Then I went to Save-on to buy tape, carbon paper, paper, and a Galaxy.

Came home, got mail, and finished excavating the closet, and proceeded to begin organization of my Newspapers. The second part of The Search for the Nile was on, so I watched that along with M&D [Mom & Dad]. More must have happened this day but I've temporarily forgotten it.

No comments: