Sunday, February 17, 2013

Feb 17 - Vocabulary collection

Thursday, February 17, 1972 - Page 48

10:00 PM
Finished the Benson Barrett "How to Write for Money" course last night (this morning), and I'm slightly more optimistic about Moira-Quest, and I'm positive I'll have a few stories published this year in something. I'm on my way to be a writer -- I can't afford an honest living. Got to sleep at around two or three or four -- got up at three. Got the mail and ate some hamburger. Dad's working overtime again like last night -- watched the second half of North by Northwest and saw some places I've been [See July 17 for Hitchcock's movie trailer]. Then saw The Oscar (isn't there anything on the tube but movies?) then (at 10:00) got to work neatifying my vocabulary collection -- ANTHROPOPHAGI, BIOSYNERGICS, VICISSITUDE, IGNOMINIOUS, EVANESCENT, RECRUDESCE, DIPHTHONG, SYNIZESIS, TABULA RASA, AUTOCHTHON, MANA, CARDINALITY, CYBORGANUM, APHASIA, DEMENTIA PRAECOX, SOMATOLOGY, NARCOSYNTHESIS, ZEITGESTALT, EIDOLON, CORPOREAL, ARCANUM  ET CETERA...
Original Posters: North by Northwest (1959) and The Oscar (1966)


(5:23 AM - 2/18/1972)
Didn't get too far with the vocabulary -- neatness is boring. I finished "The Region Between," and wrote a couple of sentences for Moira-Quest. Dullard. Inept writer. Clod of dynamic proportions. Anyway, after that I read what I've written in this book. Blah. Yuck. Klutz. Icky poo! If the next 317 pages (is that accurate? This is a leap year ya know) aren't a little more worthwhile... I'll get somebody else to write my diaries! SIGH.........
Finished: 5:30 - 15 seconds

No comments: