Sunday, August 11, 2013

Aug 11 - The flu continues to bother us

Friday, August 11, 1972 - Page 224
LOCATION: Chicago

(2:00 PM 8/12/1972)
Ken stayed home from work because of his cold. My cold, which I've had since the 9th, was at its peak, and it was gone by the 12th. For a while there, Sooz, Peg, Me, & Ken were sick, and Brandy [the dog] was coming down with something too. Anyway, the day was rainy so I stayed in and finished A.C. Clarke's story in "The Best S.F. of the Year," and read "All the Last Wars at Once" too.

At about 8:00, Larry came with his drums, transporting them from Mark's to Ken's house. He's moving far away -- or a few miles at least -- and he'll be moved into his new house by Tuesday. At around 9:30 he & I drove to Jean's -- we found her walking with Carol & Mare (for "Mary," I suppose), and they wanted us to drive them to Ward's to pick up Nancy -- It was her first day of work, and she was getting off at 9:45 P.M. She wasn't there so we drove back to Jean's and Nancy appeared there, being driven home by a friend. So we all (Me, Larry, Nancy, Mare, Carol & Jean) went to Nancy's home -- her parents weren't there -- Larry got his hat back.

Eventually four guys who the girls hang around with showed up with beer that they stuck in the freezer. Eventually Jean left, so Larry & I departed. Jean said I should come over tomorrow at 12:30 to draw her picture. Lightning flashed through the skies menacingly while Larry & I drove to Barnaby's for a pizza. We left at 12:30, and he dropped me off at home. That night thunder, lightning and rain tormented the house.

TOMORROW: Essential Chicago pocket maps

No comments: