Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Aug 06 - Museum of Science & Industry**

Sunday, August 6, 1972 - Page 219
LOCATION: Chicago
Photo of Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry
Museum of Science and Industry
(1:15 AM 8/7/1972)
Got up for breakfast around 11:00. Larry graced us with his presence at breakfast, and then we all went to the Museum of Science & Industry (we'd planned to go to the Zoo, but the weather was menacing). Sooz, Mr & Mrs made one group, Me, Ken & Larry were on our own. We had a fairly good time. We all met back at the car by 3:30 (the car was the Oldsmobile, the one we drove back from S.D. in, so the picture I'd gotten from one of Sue's letters was in the car on the floor -- it had gotten there when she took it out of my wallet during the trip back -- real interesting, huh? Well, the moldy old thing is on this page.)
Photo of Sue on a horse with a friend in Wisconsin
On the back of this little 2" x 2" pic, Sooz wrote,
"Grady, I am the one on the right, the one on the
left was a girl I met in Wisconsin. Io Ti Amo! Sue"
After the excursion to the museum time was killed variously -- Larry played Labyrinth, I wrote and started painting Ken's name on his helmet (I gave up the more ambitious operation of painting an octopus). Mr & Mrs got to see Ken's films, so I saw 'm again too. Mark may be dropping out of the band, so I'm not going to draw his picture (Rah!) -- Sooz is upset cause she is being blamed (distracting Mark from practice). Just one of life's little crises.


I called Mom today and found out a few addresses I should see for her -- Mike S. [Michael Sarason, my brother-in-law] quit his job at the service station and got into insurance. Jain, Jim, and Will will be by again in a week or so, today was Laramée's [23rd] birthday -- Mom's is the 10th. Shawna called a long time ago -- so after I talked with mom I called her (direct -- costs $1.25 for 5 minutes). She's the same old kid. It is now one thirty -- Peg got home at 1:00 & was surprised to see me up -- I was reading a Poul Anderson story. I'm not on the cot -- I chose the floor tonight cause it doesn't creak. The end.

TOMORROW: Brandy, You're a Fine Girl

No comments: