Thursday, August 8, 2013

Aug 08 - Influenza begins to hit most of us

Tuesday, August 8, 1972 - Page 221
LOCATION: Chicago

11:00 AM
Got up today at 10:00 A.M. Took a shower and ate breakfast. I called Bruce King's house and talked with his sister [Bruce's family was in Chicago, but I met him in Bethlehem, South Dakota -- See July 11, 1972]. There, I've fulfilled my obligation. I was going to go to Elmhurst with Mrs. (she'll be in the vicinity running errands) -- so I'm not now. The rest of the day remains -- what'll happen? Both Peg & Sue are home -- Sue has a cold, Peg has a sore throat. ---

(1:30 PM 8/9/1972)
Finished reading Poul Anderson's story. It was a good one (I finished it at 12:30 A.M.). Can't remember what else I did -- oh, I worked on my notes a whole lot, getting them organized & including my latest innovations. Wrote lots of Graffitti on Ken's Love poster. Larry came over around nine -- Mark & Sue came over later, so I moved downstairs to read the Anderson story. Mark's staying in Phredee Phrogg so I've gotta draw him -- I've also gotta draw Peg. ---

Picture taken by Mike Mills sometime in early July -- L to R are: Bruce, Jim, Brad (under pillow) & me (my legs, that is)
Photo from my days in Bethlehem, South Dakota
TOMORROW: The Hancock Building

No comments: