Friday, August 9, 2013

Aug 09 - The Hancock Building**

Wednesday, August 9, 1972 - Page 222
LOCATION: Chicago
Photo of John Hancock Center
The John Hancock Center
(
May 2011 photo by Joe Ravi, CC-BY-SA 3.0)
1:30 PM
Got up at 10:00 when Sooz kicked me to wakefulness (I was on the floor). I mowed the lawn & Ken trimmed it, then he & me went to Walgreen's to get my pictures, and to buy some more film. Both Sue & Peg are asleep now (both are sick -- Peg is on her 2 week vacation as of last Friday). Ken's at work, from 1 to 8, and Mrs is washing. And I'm writing when I should be downstairs with Sue. Blah.

2:30 PM
Like a healthy American kid I went downstairs to talk with Sooz. She was sleeping and wanted to sleep more -- she'll be going to work tomorrow even if she's sick because she gets paid tomorrow ($5).

Pretty soon she'll be moving in with Richie on 85th & Kedzie, because she doesn't want to live here with Mr. Latka. With her mother's consent she can do it, so she can.

(I took the picture at the left to wake her up -- it was just as she opened her eyes. Everything was white so it got washed out by the flash, but it looks kinda artistic, so there it is.)

(3:30 PM 8/11/1972)
Mark & Larry came over, as usual. Ken & I went to the Hancock Bldg and got in on just one of Peggy's passes (tho we had two) -- The Latka's Aunt used to work there long ago. The night was fairly clear and we found a telescope that was stuck so we looked through it for free for 10 or 15 minutes. We left there and went to McDonald's, then we got back at around 11:30 --

TOMORROW: Friendly ladies

No comments: