Monday, August 12, 2013

Aug 12 - Essential Chicago pocket maps

Saturday, August 12, 1972 - Page 225
LOCATION: Chicago

2:30 PM
The storm passed and left today warm & clear. Mrs. had an appointment to have her hair done at noon, so she dropped me off at 83rd St. and California. I wandered around looking for Jean's house, but she lives on W. 83 Place not W. 83 Street. However, I found her house by 12:45 -- she wasn't home. I walked back to Kedzie, stopping at a currency exchange place to cash my check but they couldn't do it. So I came home, getting here at 1:15. At around 2:15 I walked to a drugstore to buy a couple packs of Marlboros for Ken -- he's too sick to work today or go out at all. ---

(1:30 PM 8/15/1972)
I went out later Sat. to buy milk at the Kean station. I saw Larry driving around the corner as I was walking back. -- Real interesting, huh? I can't remember anything else. -- Peggy went to Bob Smith's wedding reception. -- Marcus & Larry came over to practice in the band. It was noisy.

(The maps on these pages are the ones I always kept in my back pocket while in Chicago. These trusty devils kept me from getting lost many a time)

TOMORROW: A fun-filled family dinner party

No comments: