Sunday, August 4, 2013

Aug 04 - Improvements to this journal

Friday, August 4, 1972 - Page 217
LOCATION: Chicago

(11:00 AM 8/5/1972)
Got up about noon -- Ken left for work at around 7:00. I did a little organizing. A few features that weren't in this book are now here (such as, Field exhibits of Upper Newport Bay [April 9], and the combination of the cave [July 6], and Peg's picture of us at the catacombs [April 23], and more). I wrote a couple pages of Panshin's "How Can We Sink When We Can Fly" into my notebook to remember it. Did various other writing and put down the words of Brandy by Looking Glass (my favorite song, tentatively).

Today was Sue's second anniversary -- she's been going with Mark for two months (too long). When Ken got home I had to get to work on his drawing (after I took a bath, ate dinner, and washed the dishes with Sue) -- I worked on it from 7:00 to 12:30. It's finished now, and it looks pretty good. Now all I have left is Mark & Freddy the Phrogg.

The light switch in the upstairs bathroom malfunctioned and Mr. tried to fix it but he kept blowing fuses. He got his brother over (Mike Latka) and they replaced the switch. Mike's a real nice guy -- He & Ted complimented my artwork extensively.

Ken & Larry went to a Three Dog Night concert. Peggy went out on a date and got back at 2:30 A.M. Sue went out with Mark for a few hours. And I finished drawing Ken.
Photo of Three Dog Night concert on August 5, 2007
Three Dog Night (wikipedia)
TOMORROW: Phredee Phrogg band practice

No comments: