Monday, October 7, 2013

Oct 07 - GALLERY: Photos of Chicago****

Saturday, October 7, 1972 - Page 281
LOCATION: Newport Beach

(11:11 PM 10/6/1972 ...continued from previous entry)
[as I was saying] killed time swimming. Left at six. Got my pictures from Chicago back. Oddly enough, they weren't disappointing -- rather artistic, really. I may be a reasonable photographer after all. I saw "To Sir, With Love" tonight (from 9 to 10). Mike McEvers had the book so I read it a couple years ago -- first time I saw the movie tho. It is now remarkably windy outside, and is 11:29:19 inside. End. --- ---
Poster for the 1967 British film
1959 First Edition Cover
3:30 PM
I've put the photos of Chi in this book. I took the pictures on August 10 -- they are put in this journal in the order I took them -- the first & second didn't come out. [I am including all of these pics on one page, tho they can also be found posted on the various dates listed below]

On Page 28 [Jan 28] is #3: The entrance to the Shedd Aquarium seen from the pedestrian underpass.

Page 29 [Jan 29], #4: A black fisherman seen thru the round hole in the wall surrounding the aquarium (the following two shots were taken thru various wall portholes).

Page 30 [Jan 30], #5: An airplane flying to the landing strip on Lake Michigan, passing over the Adler Planetarium.

Page 31 [Jan 31], #6: Adler Planetarium (I know it's sideways, I did it on purpose. That's art).


Page 34 [Feb 03], #7: Wall behind the Aquarium showing the holes and the Chicagoland skyline, & #8: A tour 'copter setting down on the airstrip, taken from the wall on the side of the Aquarium's shadow opposite to the one above.

Page 118 [Apr 27], #9 (from rear to fore) The Planetarium, the Aquarium, the tour boat, and two humans (it looks like the girl is waving -- I didn't know it at the time), & #10: The entrance to the Field Museum.

Pages 272 & 273 [Sep 28 & 29], #s 11 & 12: The Hancock Building is in the background. It's the elongated truncated triangular building with the two towers sticking out the top. ---

11:00 PM
Watched T.V., did the dishes. Mom went shopping so our cupboards are no longer bare. That's about all. ---
Attached to this page is an RTD (Southern California Rapid Transit District) Bus Ticket. From my home to The Ivanhoe was less than 30 minutes by car -- The bus ride took one hour, forty-five minutes.
TOMORROW: Laaaazzy Sunday

No comments: