Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Aug 13 - A fun-filled family dinner party***

Sunday, August 13, 1972 - Page 226
LOCATION: Chicago
Mark, Sue, Grady and Peggy with family pet, Brandy
(1:30 PM 8/15/1972)
I finished drawing Peggy from her proof, and started Marcus. (Sue had to give me back the pictures of her that she stole from me before I started -- there were three of them, and I had to fight her for them). Anyway, I started him but didn't get too far. Mrs. Latka (her relations call her "Stevie" for Stephanie) made a turkey so we had Aunt Helen, Uncle Al and Marcus over for dinner. It was fun -- they took polaroid pictures and I did strange things (like setting a wine glass on Sue's head while the picture was taken, and letting Brandy lick the wine bottle as the camera clicked -- that's it on this page). Peggy suggested I should save the wine label -- so here it is. It was the same brand they bought in Italy.

Photo of Mark, Sue with Brandy, and Grady
Photo (back) with notes by Sue
Peggy called Clark in Maryland -- he was supposed to be here today and she was mad. He was going to fly in his private plane. He had a good excuse -- he's been in the hospital for the past three days. I was planning to leave Monday, but I reconsidered because Stevie would miss one installment of "War & Peace," which is being broadcast in four parts. The first was Saturday, the second was Sunday, the third was Mon, and the fourth is tonight (Tues) -- so I'll be leaving Wednesday, the 16th.
Mark, Ken, wine & Grady
TOMORROW: Tornado warning

No comments: