Monday, December 23, 2013

Dec 23 - Going bowling for the first time

Saturday, December 23, 1972 - Page 358
LOCATION: San Francisco

I slept till 2:00 the next day. At 11:30 Jim got up to drive Roark around looking for cars. I declined, and slept until everyone was gone -- Willie was away at Fisherman's Wharf, and Mom & Jain went shopping. I read from the numerous multitude of magazines in the house. After awhile, Roark & Carol (his wife) came by, along with Jim who drove them around. Roark's still searching for a car.

Jim & I played some chess, then drove Roark & Carol home. He returned & we played more chess, and Willie got home with my present which he kept in a bag. I played Willie some chess games too. I came out very well with both of them. We went out bowling, which I had never done, and we played 5 games. I won the last one, getting 110 points after I got the hang of it. Cost me $10.50.

[Jain is my mother's sister. Willie, Jim & Roark are her sons. She also has one daughter, Cynthia.]

Mom & Jain were home when we got back at about 8:30. I did some weight lifting with Willie and had some pizza. Then we all watched T.V. for a while and I played chess with Will then Jim till about 12:30. I finally got to sleep about 1:30 or later.

TOMORROW: Car troubles on Christmas Eve

No comments: