Sunday, December 29, 2013

Dec 29 - Pinochle, pinochle & more pinochle

Friday, December 29, 1972 - Page 364
LOCATION: San Francisco

Got up at 3:00 or 4:00. Mom left to get Jain. Will did the dishes. I amused myself for a while -- played chess with Will & lost too often. Jim arrived around 5:00. I watched T.V. alot & made designs on a grid. Time passed, and around 8:30 Carol & Roark showed up. We all played a long time -- first everyone in 7-handed pinochle -- Winners stayed at the big table to play 2-partner pinochle (I was a winner) and the others (Roark, Jim, Mom) played cutthroat pinochle on the small card table. Then (tho I won as a partner of Jim) everyone (Carol & Roark, Mom & Jain, & sometimes Will) played pinochle.
ORION, the 1971 Parker Brothers "game system"
I played Orion (Algol = Demon Star) with Jim and beat him alot. He crashed, and I observed the card players, then Carol bowed out with Jain to do the dishes, and Me & Roark, & Mom & Will played. Jain finished the dishes and became a partner of Will in a new game in which Roark & Mom were partners. Carol read a magazine. I came to bed at 5:30, with a headache. Beer, cake, ice cream, potato chips, arm wrestling.

72's NEWS
Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 crashes into the Everglades in Florida, killing 101 of 176 on board.

TOMORROW: Boring Saturday reruns

No comments: