Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dec 15 - Bus driver Dave

Friday, December 15, 1972 - Page 350
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim

(12:00 PM 12/16/1972)
Got up late, left at 10:00 A.M., got to work by a quarter to noon. I did the regular maintenance work as usual, then started cleaning the outside windows of all the rooms, using the ungainly long aluminum extension ladder. Removed the screens to wash them. Mimi, the new maid, was there for the first time. Ken was there from 1:00 to 5:00 and helped with the windows & screens of the lower story. I procrastinated alot still, but managed to wash the upper story windows on the 4-heater room side and all of the lower story windows & screens everywhere. Ken cleaned off the old caulking in 110, 11, 12, & 13 and vacuumed the pool.

I left at 5:00, and mentioned the skydiving venture to Mike, and he might go along too, but is reticent about spending the $40 for it. I waited almost an hour for the bus, and got a few new patterns on my ticket: [sketches of hole punch shapes]. Maybe each bus driver has a different design so they can tell who punched what -- I'll find out some day [Today's the day: Yes, unique ticket punch symbols are a security feature employed to identify or cancel tickets used by trains, bus lines, promotions, etc.].

Got the 6:30 OCTD, so talked with Dave the driver. He got a Volvo, which he'd been trying to get for months. I asked what he was going to do with his other car (a '63 Belair Chevy), and he said he was selling it for $150.00, so I might buy it. He got my address & number to contact me about it.

Was home by 7:30 -- mom picked me up at the Centinella parking lot. She had a big steak & mushroom dinner ready & I ate it voraciously. Watched T.V. and went to bed 'bout 11:00 or 11:30 -- Mom went to a movie, "Lady Sings the Blues." I got to page 157 on "22." I just killed a couple more ants. Tenacious little devils.
Original 1972 Theatrical Release Poster
TOMORROW: A day of bad writing and bad drawing

No comments: