Saturday, December 28, 2013

Dec 28 - Hanging around & not doing much

Thursday, December 28, 1972 - Page 363
LOCATION: San Francisco
2006 photo of Lombard Street seen from Coit Tower
Last night we went down Lombard St. and over the Golden Gate Bridge. I woke up this morning at 1:30. Took a bath. Mom & Willie soon left to pick up Roark at work. I stayed home, ate three turkey sandwiches and got educated watching Sesame Street. Roark arrived, and Mom & Will went to pick up Jain. I talked with Roark awhile (he had to stay to see Jain about something) about Sony, Pinochle & various other stuff. Jain & Co. arrived & Willie & I played chess. Jim came, & Roark left soon.

Will & I went out to fix the handle on the rear right door (it came off when we returned from the movie). I also fixed the left rear door's ashtray lid that wouldn't close. Met Al (a neighbor) out there. Came back, Jim went out & returned with milk and cigs. Jain's sick, and went to bed early. Me, Jim, Will & Mom played pinochle till 12:00. Me & Will won. Then Me, mom, and Will played till 3:30. Will won tho mom was in the lead most often and I took the lead once with slick cheating. 'Tis now 3:45.
2004 picture of the Golden Gate Bridge with downtown San Francisco at rear left
TOMORROW: Pinochle, pinochle & more pinochle

No comments: