Monday, December 16, 2013

Dec 16 - A day of bad writing and bad drawing

Saturday, December 16, 1972 - Page 351
LOCATION: Newport Beach

(12:00 PM 12/17/1972)
Woke up 'bout 11:00. Didn't do much worthwhile. I wrote my last weeks' notes into my more organized notebooks but was disheartened by their lack of literary finesse so I didn't do anymore work on T.F. I didn't feel like doing anything at all so I drew a picture. Yesterday (I mean Thursday) the new Time/Life Emergence of Man book came and it had a cute little photo of Jane Goodall with a chimp looking under her shirt. I thought it was symbolic of something, so I rendered it on pencil & paper, but it came out lousy. I need good quality, big artistic paper and the right equipment -- 'till then I can't go too far artistic-wise.

Since December 5, Harry S. Truman has been in the news -- he's been dying for 11 days but isn't dead yet [Truman eventually died on December 26]. Apollo XVII is Earthbound. The Viet Nam war is still lolling on, with Kissinger and Nixon running out of excuses to explain it. About 6:30 L&M came by for more of their X-mas decorations. They left about 7:15.

I watched the usual T.V. shows for Saturday ("All In the Family," "Bridget Loves Bernie," "Mary Tyler Moore," "Bob Newhart," that's it, ending at 10:00). Mom wanted her garment rack assembled that night, but I din't want to do it because there was no place for it yet in the cabaña. She was going to clear a place tomorrow, but wanted it built tonight to move it in later. More on that later. I got to 180 in "Catch-22" and got to sleep about 12:30 as usual.

TOMORROW: Dinner at home with Mom, Dad & Chuck

No comments: