Monday, December 2, 2013

Dec 02 - A visit from Grandpa Bill

Saturday, December 2, 1972 - Page 337
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim

(4:00 PM 12/9/1972 ...continued from previous entry)
The bus eventually arrived and I got on the OCTD about 3:15. At that time of day, dozens of brats from Mater Dei High School rode home. Good grief, they're insane. Anyway, I went to the bank to put in one check and cash another (so I withdrew $60). Now I've got $113.52. I checked all the deposits I'd made since I started the account (March 12, 1968) and, not counting interest, if I'd never withdrawn any money from the bank, I'd have just $662.61 by now. Not much for 4 years of saving.

I got home by 4:30. Today's (Fri) the first day of Chanukkah. Shalom. I went to sleep about 7:00 P.M., and at 9:00 mom went out to get Grampa Bill and returned about 12:00. I stayed in bed, but was awake between 9 & 10 and 12 & 1. On page 190 in book ["Dinosaurs" by Björn Kurtén].
My maternal grandfather Charles Wilimovsky
(a famous artist in his day) who we called Grampa Bill.

To see samples of his artwork, please go here: Wilimovsky  
SATURDAY -- Chunk came by at about 7:30 A.M. to go paddling, passing Grampa Bill who was sleeping on the convertible couch in the living room. Chunk got the paddles from the cabaña -- I was awake and he said he'd pro'ly be back later. I wanted to give him the remaining $40 for the honda. He got a job again (he left the last one cause the company din't have any contracts), so he said it'd pro'ly be 2 more weeks before the bike was fixed.

I woke up officially at 10:00 A.M. and talked with Grampa Bill for an hour. I showed him & mom the pictures from Chicago [October 7] and those nudes I drew [October 28]. Played scrabble, and I won one game, & lost one. We went to a movie at 5:00 -- "The Wrath of God" & "They Only Kill Their Masters." They were good, especially the first one. Got back by 9:30. Watched T.V. till 11:30, then went to sleep about 12:00.
Original 1972 theatrical poster
Video Cover based on 1972 theatrical poster
TOMORROW: Tacosumi's 9 lives

No comments: