Saturday, December 21, 2013

Dec 21 - Christmas candy

Thursday, December 21, 1972 - Page 356
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim
8:00 PM
Today I overslept again and got to work at 10:40. Mike was delivering candy to clients. I found a freshly dead bird near the heater rooms and it was so beauteous I decided to stuff it and hang it in my room rather than let the maggots destroy it. Painted 115 and set it up. Took an hour off for lunch & a couple of hours for procrastinating (reading). Was another warm day -- 82° in L.A.

Got off work at 5:30. Gave L&M their present, and they gave me a box of candy as they did to all their employees (same thing I gave them) & got the little ironing board mom had ordered from them and I wandered off getting the bus without waiting. I waited a half hour for the 6:30 bus with Dave -- there were more passengers than usual, and among them was John, Lois & Sue (the coffee girl). I passed the candy around and designed a name (Todd) in Old English so Lois could use it as a pattern to crochet it onto a long wrap-around scarf she knitted as a gift for a guy who rides a motorcycle. Mom picked me up at the Centinella lot. Finished '22.' Jain getting divorced -- cashed my check.

TOMORROW: Saw John Wayne as we left for Frisco

No comments: