Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Dec 11 - Bus ticket punch designs

Monday, December 11, 1972 - Page 346
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim

7:30 PM
Got up and on the bus at 9:00 A.M. My "Southern California Rapid Transit District 10-ride interurban ticket good for travel between any two points where one-way adult fare is 46 cents, from 'Greyhound Lines - West,' Santa Ana, Calif, Dec 4-1972, Void 30 days after date stamped (for Individual use Only) 051280, Form 10-46-T" has only 2 rides left and they'll pro'ly be used up tomorrow.

Before I "surrender" it, I wanted to mention the diversity of the patterns of punches used by the bus operators -- in eight rides, only one pattern was repeated, that was this design: [half moon]. Other designs on the punched card are: [sketches of various examples], and finally, that old standby, O. So much for my thesis.

I got to work by 10:45 and worked procrastinatingly on the new rooms, 110, 111, 112. L&M bought an X-mas tree for the lobby & I set it up for them. I left at 3:00. It was a very cold day, in the hi 40's or low 50's. San Fran got an inch of snow a couple days ago. My coat's in the cleaners till Tuesday, so I had to wear a T-shirt, a sweat shirt, my gym shirt and my long-sleeved brown turtle neck shirt. I was warm enough.

Got home at 5:00, and finished Star Trek 8, all 170 pages. Now I'm faced with the pro'lem of finding a new book to read. Mom went to play bridge as usual. I think I'll get to sleep early today. G'night.

8:00 PM
Oh! I almost forgot -- They're tromping on the moon again. The LEM touched down today at about noon, our time. They'll be there for three days. --

TOMORROW: Great TV: Live from the Moon & The Snow Goose

No comments: