Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 25 - Arranging rides for Chuck

Thursday, May 25, 1972 - Page 146
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

(1:11:11 AM 5/26/1972)
Last night at 7:00 I drove over to Chunk's, and then I drove us to Hermosa Beach to see Sherry. She's moving into an apartment and she hasn't got a phone yet. We were seeing about whether her Girl Scouts could go on some trips with us ("us" being Me, Chunk, Glenn, Murray, and Steve somebody). We stayed at her place a while -- Thursday afternoon she is leaving for a trip down The River (Topock Gorge -- Colorado River. Where Chunk, Glenn, me & mike went 2 yrs ago). Left her place at around 10:00. Chunk called somebody in Redondo for a ride to King's, and then I drove us back home.

I got up this morning about 8:30 or 10:00 when Chunk came over. He wanted to go paddling, but we played chess instead -- he won 3 games, I won 2. He left at noon. I went to sleep at around 4:00 and got up at 8:00. Watched T.V., did dishes, and Dad came over with money. I drove to the liquor store to buy some food, and walked back. Mom was just talking with Chunk on the phone about Chunk getting driven to Redondo Beach tomorrow nite. There was a little problem for a while, but it eventually resolved itself into the idea that Mom would get Chunk after work, and then drive him to Redondo to get dropped off, where he will get a ride to King's. The end.

Now it's 1:22:22 A.M. The end, again. again

No comments: