Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13 - A day of shopping and movies

Saturday, May 13, 1972 - Page 134
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

(1:23:45 AM 5/14/1972)
I goddup at 2:30 P.M., and took a bath. Today started out lazily -- Mom stayed in her pajamas and slept alot. She was awake by the time I finished my bath, so I borrowed some money from her and she wrote a shopping list. I drove to the store to buy tennis shoes, and then to Sav-on to buy suntan lotion, a Mother's Day Card, paper, double stick tape, ink cartridges (with which I now am writing), & paper clips. Then I went to Alpha Beta to buy groceries, and May Fair for ketchup (I couldn't find it at A.B.).

Got back home and Chunk had told mom he was taking her to a movie, so I came along too. We drove the Imperial to the Lido where we saw The Carey Treatment, and The French Connection (1st time Chunk saw it, 2nd time for Mom, and 3rd for me). That was at 7:00, got out at 10:30. Got home, played chess with Chunk, won first two games, lost last. He left at 1:00 A.M. (Winnie gets off work at 1:30) --- So... today, also, I got "The Typewriter" back from F&SF after just 11 days or so. That's it for today, essentially. Other stuff happened but nothing worth telling. 1:33:03 A.M.


No comments: