Monday, May 27, 2013

May 27 - The Godfather**

Saturday, May 27, 1972 - Page 148
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

(12:22:22 AM 5/28/1972)
I had to wake up at 11:00 to hear an interview on KFI with Harlan Ellison -- otherwise I would have slept later. I organized my notes on Time Fall -- or rather I started organizing them. Notes are scattered over my bed along with a jacket, a pen and mom's broken glasses that I'm going to fix. I just got back from a movie -- "The Godfather" at the Buena Park Drive-In. Mom & I left at 5:30, and waited in the theater two hours for it to start. It was long -- from 8:15 to 11:45. Right now it is 12:28:28. Mom went out shopping today, and Laramée and Mike came over with some fishing gear that came in the mail. It was basically an overcast day but it got up to at least 80° ---
"The Godfather" was the Box Office leader in 1972, is ranked as the 2nd greatest movie of all time by AFI (#1 is "Citizen Kane"), and would win three Oscars at the next Academy Awards ceremony.
Hi! I'm back. Now it is 12:36:16. I replaced a tiny screw with a pin in mom's glasses, and clipped off the point with a finger nail cutter. So that's all taken care of. I am now on page 108 in "Man's Rise to Civilization as Shown by the Indians of North America from Primeval Times to the Coming of the Industrial State," and at the movie I started reading "The Other" by Thomas Tryon, which is also a movie. I'm on page 20 in that but I'll read more tonight. That's all for now, I think. Bi! 12:40:10 A.M.
Theatrical Release Poster, 1972

No comments: