Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May 14 - Mother's Day 1972

Sunday, May 14, 1972 - Page 135
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

Mom's Day

(12:22:22 AM 5/15/1972)
Goddup at about noon after getting to sleep at 6:00 A.M. I addressed letters to Eternity, and New Orleans Review, sending out M.Q. and T.T. again. They'll come back, of course, lousy as they are. I was asleep when L&M came over to give Mom some African Violets, I think they are. I was up when Chunk & Winnie came over with three different plants that I helped put in flower pots. In a little while we'll have a real jungle out there.

They left, and Chunk came back later on his bicycle, and he and me went out paddling again (ugh -- the race is next week, phew! groan) and I think I'm getting the hang of it. We ran there, and we ran back -- I'm in training, it seems.

Returned at 5:30, and he & me played chess. We both lost both games. The first game, I cleaned off the board, leaving two kings staring stupidly at each other (draw) and the second, I wiped out all his pieces, and accidentally trapped him in the stalest mate I've ever done (I still had five or six pieces left). He departed at about 8:00 and I got mom to play me, and I beat her at both games. So much for my modesty.

The Emmy Awards were on tonight, and they went from 10:00 to 12:17, about 45 minutes over time. Blah! That just about sums up yesterday (Sunday, that is) so I'll quit. I'm trying to stall, though, so I can close out with a harmonious time thing. Getting closer, closer, closer... my digital now reads... ... ... there! 12:34:56 (give or take 20 seconds, or so)

No comments: