Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 15 - Back Bay sunbathing

Monday, May 15, 1972 - Page 136
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

(1:11:11:APPROX A.M. 5/16/1972)
Got up at 10:30. No mail. Paddled out to the area mentioned on May 10, but the tide had come up so high, water covered it a couple inches deep. So I wandered around (having more mobility, since I now have shoes), and I found a skull of some kind of rodent -- there were a lot of big holes scattered over the high sandy ground. Eventually I found a slight depression and I proceeded to tan my hide again. I read "Childhood's End" while sunning, and I'm now on page 110 (exactly half way through).

It was fairly fair, but low thin clouds moved in sporadically until the skies were quite overcast by 5:00 P.M. I got home at about a quarter to 6:00, having left at a quarter to noon. George Wallace got shot today. Chunk is in Oxnard now, and will be coming back 2morrow nite. Mom went to play bridge, as usual on Mondays. I watched "Laugh-In," then "Fantastic Voyage" (which I'd seen bout 6 years ago), then the Dick Cavett show (which won an Emmy last nite). Finly got the dishes done. It is now 1:23:00, the end.
Fantastic Voyage Theatrical Poster, 1966

--- 1:26:20 --- I just captured a rather large fly (about -- Boy! It almost got away there -- about 2 centimeters long). I'm playing the fiendish li'l kid, cause I now have the fly embedded in "Wilhold Glu-Bird White Glue with Orthonol" to preserve it (I don't have any amber handy). I saw at least a dozen dead jellyfishes on a Back Bay beach! Animals are dumb!

No comments: