Sunday, May 26, 2013

May 26 - ARTWORK: Color pencil drawing**

Friday, May 26, 1972 - Page 147
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

(1:00:00 AM 5/27/1972)
Got up today at about 11:30 when Chunk came over in the Barracuda with a boat on top. He had a few minutes so we played a couple games. He won both of them. He left at noon. I've started reading a book I got in South Dakota: "Man's Rise to Civilization As Shown By the Indians of North America From Primeval Times to the Coming of the Industrial State by Peter Farb." Oddly enough, the book is longer than the title, as a matter of fact it is 400 pages long. I'm just on page 73 right now though. It's providing a lot of useful info for "Time Fall."

I did a drawing in color pencil today -- what the heck, here it is.
This drawing is also referred to in the entries of April 24 and June 1
As you may have guessed, there was more to her, but she didn't come out too well from the shoulders down -- and she's fairly modest, y'know, so I just saved her face (she still looks a little uneasy, tho). For a first effort, it's not too bad, I suppose. When I get down to art again I'll probably settle on pastels -- you can't blend as well with pencils. Well, I think she adds a little color to the old dull book.

Mom got home around 7:00, and we went to see "Skyjacked," and "The Gypsy Moths." Got back around 12:30. We're back now. It's now 1:15:40 A.M. That's all for now.


[PS] On KFI tonight, on the Hilly Rose Show, there was a woman representing Disneyland (Emily Zinsor, a Disneyland Ambassador). With my great knowledge of that institution, I decided to call them and discuss the closed circuit cameras in the attractions there. And I recorded my voice on the radio, so I heard me. I was on about 1:25. 

No comments: