Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sep 18 - The Bomb wiped out everyone except you, me & her

Monday, September 18, 1972 - Page 262
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California
Original Poster: The World, The Flesh and the Devil (1959)
11:00 AM
I haven't slept between now and the last entry. I worked on the indexing from 1:00 A.M. to 9:30 after getting up to December, 71. Now I just have '72 left (Nine issues). It is very clear outside, so I feel it's my duty to go out and try to get darkened. I did my exercises already and I ate a couple of ham sandwiches so I'm all set. Chances are I'll start dozing out there, then I'll come in here and sleep till 5:00. We'll see. I'm going out now: 10:53:59 1/2

6:30 PM
I started dozing out there at about 1:00, then I came in here and slept 'till about 5:00 when mom got home from work and shopping. I went back to sleep and rewoke at 6:00 when mom left for bridge. Now I'm gonna get back to indexing the Geo's.

(4:07:39 AM 9/19/1972)
Just finished the last Nat. Geo. (Sept. 72), and there are now 120 pages in the index, compared to the 106 when I started. For the thing to be really useful, I'll have to make an Index for the index. I'll get to it some time.

Was working on the Geographics for most of the night but I watched some T.V. (Laugh-In from 8 to 9:00, The New Bill Cosby Show from 10 to 11:00, and a movie: The World, The Flesh, & The Devil -- 1959 -- with a cast of exactly three: Harry Belafonte, Inger Stevens, and Mel Ferrer. It was black and white -- in more ways than one -- and was roughly Sci-Fi; one of those "What-do-we-do-now-that-the-Bomb-has-wiped-out-everyone-except-you-me-and-her?" type thing. It was fairly good, though it could have been better). That was on from 11:30 to 1:30. I watched "One Step Beyond" between 11 & 11:30. I did the dishes during Bill Cosby. Mom got home at 1:00. That's all.

TOMORROW: Lame experiments: Building mini-bombs

No comments: