Friday, September 6, 2013

Sep 06 - Coco's Pie à la Mode

Wednesday, September 6, 1972 - Page 250
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

September 05 thru 06, 1972
Munich Massacre: 11 Israeli athletes at the 1972 Summer Olympics are murdered after 8 members of the Arab terrorist group Black September invade the Olympic Village.
PHOTO: Memorial plaque in front of the Israeli athletes' quarters
Plaque in front of the Israeli athlete's quarters commemorating the victims. The inscription, in German and Hebrew, reads: The team of the State of Israel lived in this building during the 20th Olympic Summer Games from 21 August to 5 September 1972. On 5 September, David Berger, Seew Friedman, Josef Gutfreund, Elieser Halfin, Josef Romano, Amizur Shapira, Kehat Shorr, Mark Slavin, Andre Spitzer, Jaakow Springer, Mosche Weinberger died a violent death. Honor their memory.

11:00 PM
Woke up first at 5:15 A.M. The cat threw up, and since Mom's back hurt I cleaned it up. I'm not sure whether I woke up when the cat did it, or whether I hadn't yet gone to sleep. Anyway, mom woke up at the same time to get ready for work. I went back to sleep and woke up at noon when mom phoned to tell me to take the roast out of the oven (it was made yesterday & was sitting in there over night), and she asked me to wash the dishes.

I did my exercises (already it's getting tiresome), and didn't bother to take a bath or get the mail -- I think I'll perform both rituals every other day. Today was sunny & smogless due to last night's rain, so from 1:30 to 3:00 I tanned my hide. I'm beginning to get color back in my skin. Read more in the Exorcist (as of now, I'm on page 335). Did the dishes at 3:30 or 4:00.

Chunk came by at around 7:30 and we rode to his place on Norton to play Hockey (he won unjustifiably, 39 to 40) and chess (we played several games -- I won only one -- rats). We left his place at 9:30 and rode to Coco's. Winnie was at the counter serving, so we ate there (Chunk made a phone call to John Bodkins first -- he had forgotten to call him at the apartments. It was about work -- he's landscaping a park in Pomona now). I had some chocolate pie and Chunk had some pie with a coupla scoops of ice cream. Left at about 10:15 and he drove me home. I'm gonna read some more in the book. By the time I go to sleep, I'll be on page:

3:02 AM
403 -- the end. FINIS.

TOMORROW: A long walk home in the dark

No comments: