Friday, September 20, 2013

Sep 20 - Progress on Tempus Fugitives, my time travel series

Wednesday, September 20, 1972 - Page 264
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

3:21:48 AM
Sorry about wasting a whole page on that bomb -- I used to be a real nut about that stuff. On the 4th of July, I wouldn't buy fireworks, I'd build them. I got pretty good at it, but the better I got the more lethal they became so I quit. I'm still something of a pyromaniac tho.

Anyway, I exercised before going out to tan at 11:30. Came in at 12:30 and went to sleep. I read a few stories in "Assignment in Tomorrow," an S.F. anthology. I woke up at about 8:30 and had dinner. Mom made a steak. It is now 9:35:15 P.M., and I'm going to get the place cleaned up. It's pretty cluttered with all this research I'm doing. I'll get rid of everything that doesn't apply directly to T.F., and get to work.

(3:36:00 AM 9/21/1972)
I did tidy up the place, and researched alligators and crocodiles, and related subjects in Nat. Geos. that had info I wanted. Tempus Fugitives is developing nicely -- I get new ideas constantly. It'll be chock full of brilliance. If it doesn't sell, nothing I can write will.
Cover: Tempus Fugitives time travel series
All this work paid off when the story became a comic book series
published in Star*Reach magazine (Tempus Fugitives PDFs)
I did my exercises and at 10:30 A.M. I went out to tan my hide on the raft (heretofore I've been doing it in our parking space on the chaise lounge) -- I basked till 11:00, and dunked myself, then turned over in the sun. At 11:30 I got soggy again and tanned front wise again, dunked at 12 and tanned the same side again, then dove and sunned my back till 12:30, then swam to shore (saw Bill again -- he's that great looking gray-haired fellow I mentioned before) and I dried in the sun on my towel I left on the beach for 5 or 10 minutes. I showered in the shower room and came home to take a bath.

Read more in the Nat. Geos then went to sleep at around 4:30. I got burned outside, but at least I'm darker. I woke up at 2:30 or 3:00 A.M. It was mid-70's today. 'L be hotter tomorrow. It's now 3:34:16 A.M.

TOMORROW: How did stegosaurs mate?

No comments: