Monday, September 16, 2013

Sep 16 - An unfinished sketch

Saturday, September 16, 1972 - Page 260
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

2:00 AM
I was fairly tired and went to sleep about 7:00 P.M. and awoke at 1:30. I mailed the Experifragments out and got The Typewriter back yesterday [rejection slip above]. The kitchen is a monumental mess. Right now I'm going to commence drawing a beauteous girl who I started yesterday.

Unfinished rough sketch
Magazine pic that inspired the sketch above
(7:00 AM 9/17/1972)
I gave up on that drawing -- it was just about finished but it was going badly so I quit. I've just taped it in, along with the photo so you can see what I mean. My sketch just didn't do justice to the picture. I've got a long way to go before I'm a reasonable artist. I worked on it for a few hours.

I got to sleep around 8:00, having listened to Lohman and Barkley. I was slightly awake at 11:00 A.M. when Grandma Dot came over to drop off some excess food, the clock radio (finally we have two radios & clocks now), and some other stuff. I woke up more completely at 5:00 or 4:30 P.M., and listened to Gary Owens ( or maybe I woke up at 3:00 -- no, must've been at least 3:30 -- oh well, it matters not).

I got to work organizing my notes for the Tempus Fugit series, primarily the Tempus Fugitives. I worked on it constantly, stopping to watch T.V. and do the dishes at 7:00. I watched "U.F.O.," a hokey British Sci-Fi show, "All in the Family," "Bridget Loves Bernie," "Mary Tyler Moore," & "The Bob Newhart Show." All that was over by 10:00 and I got back to work on my notes.

Mom defrosted the fridge today, and I took out all the trash. So I guess something has been accomplished today. I've finished organizing the T.F. notes, and the next week should be consumed polishing the portion I've got, arranging them in a notebook and showing them to Ms. Lyons for comments before going on to the final product. It is now 7:20 A.M. Good night, or morning.

TOMORROW: Massive index of National Geographics

No comments: