Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sep 11 - Bloody blisters from the "Match Trick"

Monday, September 11, 1972 - Page 255
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

ROGER BARKLEY'S BIRTHDAY (HE'S 36)
[He was part of "Lohman & Barkley," KFI 640 AM's morning comedy show that I often listened to]

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR ALL THE LITTLE BUMBS
(I'M FREE -- WHEE!)

4:30 PM
Was pretty tired and slightly exhausted yesterday after bike riding so I went to sleep about nine thirty. I woke up at 11:45 and read and wrote a bit. Then I got back to sleep at about 5:00, so I knew it started raining this morning at around 4:45. I woke up at noon and listened to Wink Martindale's special on Gary Owens [wikipedia info]. It was a clear sunny day for a change, so I tanned my hide from 1:00 to 3:00. I'm still unfortunately pale but I'm hoping I can get dark soon. At 3:00 I did my exercises and took a bath. Now I'm listening to the Gary Owens show and, believe it or not, writing in this journal.

Incidentally, the black blisters on my finger tips are still there [from the August 24 incident] but after I wrote "believe it or not," I noticed blood on my index finger. Apparently my chin ups (of which I did 30 over a period of about a half hour -- 10 chin ups each time) split the blister on my thumb tip. This is real interesting, right? --

It's a few minutes later now and I've cleaned out the blister. It was old blood trapped in the blister that made it black and I've emptied most of it and washed it out. Now I'll see how fast it heals. That's enough for now. Quite enough. ---

11:00 PM
Bleech! I just looked at my thumb tip for the first time since I took off the band aid several hours ago. It looks hideous. Anyway, I started to organize my notes on The Tempus Fugit Series, Time Fall, Nexus, and various insundry miscellaneous. I got pretty weary so I gave up temporarily and dropped off to sleep with a clunk.

I just woke up (I went to sleep around 7:00).  Now I'll get around to reorganizing my trash. But right now my mouth tastes like the wrong end of a sewer pipe. And we're out of toothpaste. So I'll drink some ice water & get to work. It is 62° in Hollywood according to the radio. ---

TOMORROW: Nixon's Generation Of Peace

No comments: