Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sep 04 - Reading "The Exorcist"

Monday, September 4, 1972 - Page 248
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

LABORE DAY

10:00 PM
Got up around noon when Dad came over with my dictionary (The Random House Dictionary of the English Language, College Edition, that I got on Christmas, '69), Van Nostrand's Scientific Encyclopedia, Fourth Edition, and the "#1 Bestseller, shocker of the year" The Exorcist, by William Peter Blatty (LARRY IN CHIC SAID I SHOULD READ IT). I'm on page 50 of it now.

1971 First Edition cover
Today was hot & humid. I did a bit more organization of general garbage in my room. The ants are gone, except for an occasional errant mote who gets squashed, having failed to heed my warnings. Yesterday, I put the big TV set from the Sarason's, and the pool table in the cabaña, so now the place is packed inside, tidy outside. Something seems to be lacking in this entry -- I was about to end it, but instead I'll find something thoughtful --- ooh, a good song on the gradio. Chicago, "Saturday, In The Park." First heard it at the Latkas.

From the MTV Archives on YouTube

A lot of good songs came out then. Brings back memories. I should travel more. Enough of that, pardon me whilst I find something thoughtful...

'Tis all a Chequer-board of Nights and Days
Where Destiny with Men for Pieces plays:
Hither and Thither moves, and mates, and slays,
And one by one back in the Closet lays.

TOMORROW: An ambitious exercise routine

No comments: