Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sep 12 - Nixon's Generation Of Peace

Tuesday, September 12, 1972 - Page 256
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

10:00 PM to 12:00 AM
I did a lot of work on "Tempus Fugitives," mostly defining time travel terms. I worked on it till 5:30, then listened to Lohman & Barkley. Mom left for work at 6:30. I got up around 7:00 and made me breakfast, washed the dishes, did 50 Jumping Jacks and 50 Toe Touches, and 10 chin ups, then just listened to L&B until 10:00 when they went off.

It was a clear sunny day, so I basked from around 10:30 to 12:00. I was just too groggy, so I came back inside and went to sleep at noon, waking up at 4:15. Got back to work on the "Tempus Fugitives." I'm going to be working on it steadily until it's finished, maybe another month or so. Mom got home about 9:30 after going to see Grandma Brazzel after work. Frances Brazzel, my 94 year old great grandmother will be dead in a few days. Que Sera, etc. Then Grandma Dot, free at last, will pro'ly go to Bethlehem, S.D., to become another M.R. [Mrs. Rogers]

Mom got eight Nixon stamps (Generation Of Peace, 1972) so I was able to write a reply to Greg, enclosing the stamps. I'll mail it tomorrow.
Nixon's GOP stands for "Generation Of Peace"
(if you don't count that pesky Viet Nam thing...)
It's a couple minutes after midnight now. I'm gonna get to work on T.F. after this. The Weird Olympics ended a couple days ago & the Russians won with 50 gold medals compared to the U.S.'s 34. Booo, us! That about wraps it up -- mom was so late because she went to dinner with Dot and a male relative of some sort. ---

TOMORROW: Great Grandmother dies at 94

No comments: