Saturday, June 1, 2013

Jun 01 - ARTWORK: Various sketches**

Thursday, June 1, 1972 - Page 153
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

3:33:33 PM
I haven't slept yet since the last entry, tho I may have dozed a couple minutes while I layed in the sun between 11:00 and 12:30. The temperature is in the 80°s, but it is now a bit overcast. I quit reading at 5:15 when Lum 'n Abner came on, followed eventually by Lohman 'n Barkley. To occupy myself whilst listening, I drew the picture on this page.* ...

[Side note:] * The original drawing mentioned is no longer in my possession. It is now owned by Tom Shearing of South Dakota. In its place is a first attempt at this photo that was given up quickly for obvious reasons. -- G.L., 8/17/72 (see page 190 [July 8, 1972] for info)
Here is the substitute art and photo
... I still think the sketch on 115 is my best, but this was a valiant effort none the less. This was copied from a photo included herewith.
Here is the sketch that also appears
on page 115, April 24
I took a few liberties in the process of translating the photo to pencil. None of these drawings are accurate to the photos -- least of all the color pencil attempt.
Here is the color pencil drawing that
first appeared in the entry for May 26
[To see more of my artwork, please go here: Gallery ]

No comments: