Sunday, June 2, 2013

Jun 02 - Man's Rise to Civilization as Shown by the Indians of North America from Primeval Times to the Coming of the Industrial State**

Friday, June 2, 1972 - Page 154
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

5:55:55 AM
I woke up this morning at 5:10 after having gotten to sleep at around 7:30 or 8:00 last night after Tricky Dicky's speech at 6:35. He just got back from the Summit meetings in Russia. (He closed by saying history books will note that this was the year in which we: "...went from the lowlands of war to the high plateau of world peace" [thunderous applause -- standing ovation], if I remember correctly. We shall see, shan't we?)

Dad came over today with my 5$, and I finally got the dishes washed. I wonder how long I'll retain this 'Early to bed, early to rise' schedule. It's now 6:02:22 A.M. ---

(1:30:30 AM 6/3/1972)
I'm sorry I can't say I read "Man's Rise to Civilization as Shown by the Indians of North America from Primeval Times to the Coming of the Industrial State" today, because I like to mention it everyday, but I promise, the next time I read "Mansrisetocivilizationasshownbytheindiansofnorthamericafromprimevaltimestothecomingoftheindustrialstate" I'll mention it. (There, that makes up for the lack of mentioning it yesterday.)

I got to sleep at about 11:30 A.M. and got up at 3:00. I finished organizing "Time Fall" notes. Dad called and for a while it'll be a toss up whether this summer will be used working for Aeroneurotic or serving time at Beth, S.D. Chunk called, and my immediate future is a bit more definite -- He, me & Murray are racing to Catalina in a Sea Scout sail boat. We stay there over night and race back. So I had to get a sleeping bag, so I drove over to dad's to get it (he & Larry are going to a party at 9:00) and I gave him the wire chair to fix, and the electrolux sink center.

Chunk called again, and we figured out what food I'd bring. I took a bath & made a bunch of turkey sandwiches. I've gotta be at the Sea Scout Base by 8:00 A.M. Tha's early. 11:45:30 now

No comments: