Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Jun 18 - Chess: Agony of defeat/thrill of victory

Sunday, June 18, 1972 - Page 170
LOCATION: Newport Beach & Long Beach, California

DAD DAY

(1:00 PM 6/20/1972)
Tim & I woke up at 8:00 A.M. I phoned the Bus Station in Anaheim to check their morning schedules -- Tim and Jim had to leave Sunday, Tim was going to Portland, Oregon, Jim was returning to S.F. Jim and I played a couple games of chess -- he won both games (Arrrgh!). And we all ate breakfast. Me, Mom, Grandpa Bill, Jim & Tim left for Long Beach at around 10:15 to take them to the Bus Station from which they'd go to San Fran. We dropped 'em off in the nick of time, and drove back home.

I went to sleep at about 1:00 P.M. and got up at about 5:00 P.M. and got to work filling up the blank pages of this book. Dad and Larry (Larry & G. Bill are good friends, though they both see things differently) came over to chat, and after a few hours they left. Larry was going to drive Bill home to Torrance where he lives. -- This entry is definitely not gonna be a literary masterpiece -- my pen fell asleep so don't expect much of interest.

On ward ---> They left, and mom & I played chess -- Mom was winning, but I had most of her pieces blocked -- at a critical point, Chunk & Murray dropped by. Murray got his photos, Chunk got his sleeping bag and blankets, and when Mom wasn't looking, Chunk checkmated me. They left, and Mom & I continued our game, and I check mated her. ----

No comments: