Saturday, June 29, 2013

Jun 29 - Preparing for South Dakota trip

Thursday, June 29, 1972 - Page 181
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

8:30 PM
OH YEAH -- I'M SPOSED TO WRITE IN HERE, HUH. OKAY, HERE IT IS.

Got up about 10:00 when mom called to suggest her driving over here to pick me up so I could cash my check. I took a bath, during which, I am told, Grandma Dot came by bringing a bunch of flowers (the flowers were meant for Brazel, but due to technical difficulties they couldn't be accepted, so Dot gave them to Mom). I called to get on the Western Airlines standby list, but learned there was slight chance of getting a seat (busy weekend). Mom came by at noon. I got a letter in the mail from Bethlehem, S.D. 'bout the flood [see June 27 entry].

I withdrew $40 from Mariners (it was decided I'd get a reserved seat for $83, instead of standby for $55). I got home and called for the reservation, and then I called Beth to tell them I was coming tomorrow at noon. Sunned for a couple hours, then picked up mom, and we drove to her bank, Centinella (we met Mike there) and she did some transactions. It was in the 80°s today, and due to the 4th of July weekend, Newport was beset with tourists, traffic, and scantily clad folks of the California type. Anyway, I now have $144.89 in my wallet for tomorrow -- minus the $83 ticket, and I have a bit for pocket money. Mom and I drove to Penny's and bought me clothes. I now am packing my stuff, cause I'll be leaving early tomorrow. That's all I have room fo[end of page]

No comments: