Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Jun 19 - Another flood in Rapid City

Monday, June 19, 1972 - Page 171
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

(1:30 PM 6/20/1972)
It has been decided that I'm not gonna work any more at landscaping, and I'm leaving for S.D. [South Dakota] on the 28th (Jim & Cynthia are coming down for the 4th of July on the 29). Tom came back to Bethlehem --- Gil's in Pennsylvania burying somebody, and Rapid had another flood recently with 4 more feet of water. I've gotta get stuff prepared for the trip.

Still have not heard anything from the Latkas. Mayhaps I went too far with my irreverence in my last letter and they decided not to associate with me. Anyway, this book will return to South Dakota for another month or so.

Monday I woke up at 8:00, having got to sleep at 2:00. I got most of my photos selected to go with me to S.D. (to practice drawing) and I got to sleep at around 4 P.M., waking at 6:30 P.M. Mom had gone to bridge. I watched T.V. and washed the dishes. Went to bed about 1:30, ... [continued on next page]

No comments: