Sunday, June 23, 2013

Jun 23 - New eyeglasses, finally

Friday, June 23, 1972 - Page 175
LOCATION: Newport Beach & Santa Ana, California

2:00 PM
[continued from previous entry] --- and woke up at 10:14 A.M. The '72 sticker for the Trailer's plate came in the mail so I stuck it on. Vol. II of Man Myth & Magic came yesterday, but I'm going to ignore it. I made some hamburgers & onions & devoured them. This is all very interesting, huh? It was cloudy yesterday but it's sunny today -- cool though. So much for today. ---

(10:00 AM 6/24/1972)
Here's some more for today, after 7:00 Mom & I drove to Santa Ana to see Dr. Silver 'bout my glasses. He had my lenses, with the yellow tint stripped off, but the frames he thought they matched were the wrong ones. This perplexed him, because that had never happened before. He looked all over for a frame that would fit them -- he found one and put them in. They're close fitting, but not perfect. They cost me $22. [I had been surviving without glasses since a boating accident on June 11] Mom got her pin put in her glasses that were broken. Silver, incidentally, will be on The Carol Burnett Show next season as a regular singer.
The Carol Burnett Show (CBS, 1967 to 1978) is often considered to be the best variety/sketch-comedy TV series ever produced
Stopped at Grant's on the way back, but I didn't get around to buying anything -- too crowded and chaotic. Came back home, and mom taught me to play poker (five card draw, five card stud, seven card stud). Got to sleep about 12:30.  

No comments: