Friday, June 21, 2013

Jun 21 - 1st Day of Summer

Wednesday, June 21, 1972 - Page 173
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!  RA!

7:50 PM
I got to sleep last night about 11:00 whilst listening to 5 or 6 Bill Cosby records -- I fell asleep during the Chicken Heart that Ate New York City. I woke up at 9:43 and organized my room a bit. Today was fairly sunny -- 82° in L.A. -- but now it is overcast (7:54:06). I'm on page 118 in "The Probability Man," and I haven't checked where I'm at in "Man's Rise To Civilization As Shown By The Indians of North America From Primeval Times To the Coming Of the Industrial Age." I wrote down that title from memory so it may not be entirely accurate. Wait a moment, I'll check it --- Hmm. I was slightly wrong. The real title is: "Man's Rise To Civilization As Shown By The Indians of North America From Primeval Times To The Coming Of The Industrial State." But I was fairly close.

Ate Fish 'n Chips today that Mom bought. I called Tim and he's going to his Nephew's birthday party, so I can't pick up my book [high school annual] till tomorrow. Mom and I played 2 and 2/3's games of chess -- I won the first two masterfully, with each move putting her in jeopardy. I had her in the palm of my hand in the 3rd, until Mr. Torres from a real estate place showed up, then I began losing -- the game is up in the air now.*

It's 8:03:43 right now, and Lou Torres is downstairs talking to Mom. And I'm up here trying to think of a way to end this entry, but it seems as if the old creative well has just about dried up completely [handwriting fades as ink runs out]

[side note] *I won that 2/3 game, and we played 3 more... and I won them all! Six in a row -- WOW. 

No comments: