Friday, November 22, 2013

Nov 22 - 9th anniversary of Kennedy's murder***

Wednesday, November 22, 1972 - Page 327
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim

(11:30 AM 11/23/1972)
I got on the 8:00 A.M. OCTD bus -- I can't remember why I missed the 7:00. Just overslept I guess. Wednesday just happened yesterday, but it's practically a blank. I had a lot of wild dreams last night -- I was pursued by homicidal people in the Ivanhoe motel, a real thrill. I escaped of course. Those kind of dreams aren't nightmares for me, they're fun cause I know it's a fake. Then I had a dream about Megan. Good grief, she's a year in the past. She was prettier and more mature and she realized she really did love me after all. I was very condescending about it. And then I dreamed about a wild science-fiction book mom found, full of beauteous outré illusory illustrations. Those three dreams were very deep and detailed but I can't remember much about them now, and I knew there were others among them, but they're completely lost.

Anyway, Wednesday -- what happened? I stained the doors in the three rooms and finished the rooms completely. Then I went around the motel and repaired various defects in anticipation of the big group coming in Thursday. I left at 5:30, waited for the bus forty five minutes, then walked back, called mom, and while waiting did a half hour of maintenance work -- fixed the lobby door, went through the renovation book checking off things. The day was overcast as if it would rain, but it didn't. It was sposed to be sunny & warm. Mom came, we drove to Ralph's Supermarket & she bought stuff for Thanksgiving -- we bought Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner. Watched TV though there wasn't much on. I washed the dishes and went to sleep at 11:30.

IN THE NEWS 1972
A mere 9 years earlier, John F. Kennedy was killed in Texas. This crime was still fresh in everyone's memory. I recall as a 7-year-old kid being close enough to shake his hand when he was campaigning in San Diego.

I can remember being with my family when we watched Kennedy speak at San Diego State University, my father's Alma Mater. In the following news coverage we see California Governor Pat Brown (father of our current Governor Jerry Brown) greeting the president and joining him in the car on his way to the university.

On November 22, 1963, I was dismissed from  elementary school and sent home amid stunned whispers that the president had been shot.

NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
In November 1973 I spent lots of time in Dallas-Fort Worth. While there I went to see a tourist attraction that had been installed on the first floor of the infamous Texas School Book Depository. Nobody else was around when I arrived. An elaborate table-top diorama recreated the fateful route of the president's motorcade while -- upon the press of a START button -- a narrator described what was happening. When the toy car passed the dreaded Depository on Elm Street, startling strobe-lights flashed, gunshots rang out and JFK was extinguished. Among the many exhibits was one wall that featured a duplicate of Oswald's rifle along with the kinds of bullets that killed Kennedy.

This bizarre spectacle faithfully depicted the "Official Warren Commission Story" which was inexplicably believed by multiple witnesses who actually heard & saw the killshot fired from behind a fence on the "Grassy Knoll."

I retraced many of the crime scene's steps described by eyewitnesses in attorney Mark Lane's meticulous reconstruction of events in his 1967 film. At the end of this documentary we learn of many witnesses who died "strange" deaths following the assassination.
Later while in Dallas I went to see a controversial new movie called "Executive Action" -- with a story co-written by Mark Lane -- that realistically explained how disgruntled arrogant elitists arranged the hit on Kennedy. At the end of this film the screen is filled with photos of 18 witnesses who had mysteriously died within 3 years of the assassination. That upsetting motion picture was quickly removed from many theaters throughout the country (wiki info).
1973 Original Theatrical Poster
(This was actor Robert Ryan's final role)

Is this how it went down?
Sometimes I wonder how any sensible human being can possibly believe that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone -- if at all (Lane's "Rush to Judgement" presents an eyewitness who insists that Oswald didn't even shoot Dallas Police Officer J.D. Tippet). It seems that everyone is pretending to be comfortable living with all of these lies. In fact we are not. Now it is 2013 and 50 years have passed. Why not reveal the whole truth?

Let's suppose the deathbed confession of CIA operative & Watergate burglar E. Howard Hunt was true... He swore that LBJ -- coincidentally, the man who benefitted most from Kennedy's removal -- was instrumental in the CIA's strike on JFK. If such a scenario was accepted, how would this affect our view of American history? Maybe it's better to just leave it alone, ignore the facts, and believe whatever you want. C'est la vie, everybody.

TOMORROW: Thanksgiving - Part 1

No comments: