Monday, November 25, 2013

Nov 25 - Holiday Aftermath: Big motel cleanup

Saturday, November 25, 1972 - Page 330
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Anaheim
5:00 PM
Last night I got to sleep at 7:00 P.M., and woke up this morning at 8:00 A.M. Left here at 9:00 with mom driving me to work by 9:30. The Chowchillas weren't there, having left early and I helped the maids, Mary, Angela, & Laura, with the rooms. I stripped the beds & rollaways, gathered up the trash & towels, and carried the used linen & trash to their respective destinies.
This is one of the Chowchilla High School (website)
mimeographed news publications left in the guest's rooms
There were lots of renters besides the big high school group, but the band member's rooms took all the time. The girl's rooms were on the right side (as you enter) & the boy's were on the left -- all very civil. I can't decide which were worse -- the girl's with their cluttered bathrooms, stained sheets and old stockings, or the boys with their incense, ashes, broken ashtrays and Mad magazines.

I got away with 41 cents, mostly pennies, tho I refrained from the fortunes of pants pockets. It was an educational experience I could've done without. Yesterday they all went to Disneyland and the rooms were thick with souvenirs and bags, and A, B, C, D, & E tickets which I was tempted to borrow permanently. But I remained trustworthy (except for that 41¢) and was thru by 2:00 P.M. Mom picked me up, and here I am. Again. I won't get much money for last week cause I didn't work as many hours -- pro'ly just 20 or 25 instead of the required 32.

Mike's parents and a few relatives (a sister & brother-in-law & assorted nephews y nieces) came [to the Ivanhoe] yesterday and left today. Mr. Sarason fixed the broken Coke machine and therefore the rented rooms were graced by tons of cans. It is now 5:02:10, and that's all.

TOMORROW: Nothing much going on

No comments: