Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Nov 05 - Chuck & Joe beat our canoe-racing nemeses

Sunday, November 5, 1972 - Page 310
LOCATION: Newport Beach, CA

2:30 PM
Got up about 12:45. It's a sunny day (yesterday it sprinkled a bit, the day before was sunny in the low 80s) but the sun has moved to a wrong position so the veranda is in shade. That's my excuse for not getting tanned. Yesterday I rearranged the furniture in the living room. Today mom is watching football and potting some plants. I read some more in "The Magus" today and am now on page 363. Chunk & Joe yesterday went to some canoe races (I was invited but declined) -- they beat the two guys who had beat Chunk & I by 1 second. Joe & Chunk beat them by 20 yards. That's not surprising. [This refers to a memorable event at the LA Canoe Races on May 21, 1972]

(6:30 PM 11/7/1972)
I washed the dishes and ate a packaged Polynesian dinner. It was the last thing I would eat in quite a while.

TOMORROW: A food-free day

No comments: