Sunday, November 17, 2013

Nov 17 - L&M's day off at The Ivanhoe

Friday, November 17, 1972 - Page 322
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim
(11:00 AM 11/19/1972)
I got up late, missed the 9:00 A.M. bus so I had to get the 10:00. I vacuumed the pool for an hour and a half, showed Ken (wait, this doesn't matter, but I got to work at 12:45, which means I missed the 10:00 A.M. bus and got the 11:00) how to test the pool, etc. He kept himself busy sweeping up things. Neither Lara or Mike were there Friday, they were, I think, on a tour of Universal Studios. Wouldn't be back till 6:00. I did the stuff on this card and left at around 5:30. I just barely caught the RTD that passed Harbor & Katella at 5:30, and then barely caught the OCTD that passed 4th & Main at 6:00. Got dropped at Coast Hwy & Dover.

I found that we'd been invaded by ants -- thousands of the motes were scattered over our dirty sink with its unwashed dishes. Mom had destroyed them with the Black Flag insect killer. I wonder if those little creatures have souls. I wonder if us big creatures have souls. Enough philosophy. Mom went out to buy Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner, and we watched the usual Fri. TV shows.

Got a response to my "recent inquiry" about MM&M, here attached. Did some work on T.F. Got to page 131 in "Daybreak - 2250 A.D." -- Friday it rained very early in the morning but began to clear up as the day went on.

TOMORROW: Ant wars continued

No comments: